When the earth was active with roaring volcanos, bubbles became trapped in molten lava.
After the lava cooled, silica and other minerals leached into the hollow cavity and gradually lined the inside with crystals.
Traces of iron and calcium created inclusions in the geode and determined the colour of the geodes.
Our one-of-a-kind Crack a Geode experience is available all day, every day regardless of whether you have been through the museum.
Be the first person to see inside a 44 million year old volcanic bubble!
You pick it, we load it, you crack it!
Our Crack a Geode Experience Includes:
• Learn how to select your own geode to keep
• Safety instruction and equipment
• Crack your own geode using the giant cutter
• Identification certificate
• Gift bag
|Crack a Geode Experience*||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00|
* Includes one small geode
• Various size geodes available – upgrades available in-store
• For safety reasons – footwear must be worn